The Grow Planner app is available now for $7.99!
Find it in the Apple App Store
The Grow Planner from MOTHER EARTH NEWS is a universal app for iPad and iPhone that provides an easy way to plan your vegetable garden. Based on our award-winning Vegetable Garden Planner, the Grow Planner makes it simple to sketch out your growing area, add plants and rearrange them to get the perfect layout. The Grow Planner, which has just been updated to Version 2, is now available in the App Store for $7.99. There is simply no other tool out there that offers this kind of functionality. Read on to find out how this app can revolutionize the way you garden!
As each crop is added, the app automatically spaces the plants and calculates how many you can fit into the area you specify. The Grow Planner is flexible, too, enabling you to add plants in traditional rows, blocks, raised beds or using the square-foot gardening method, whatever the size or shape of your beds. And with the flexibility and mobility of working on your mobile device, you can plan or add notes about your crops while out in the garden or while relaxing at home.
Grow Planner uses an extensive database of over 200 plants and nearly 5,000 weather stations across the United States and Canada to calculate recommended planting times for your exact ZIP code. Link it to an online account and you can receive planting reminders for your own crops delivered by email twice a month.
With the Grow Planner app, you can browse catalogs from several major seed suppliers, add your own varieties and even customize the spacing and planting dates for each crop. The app includes information on how to grow each vegetable, fruit and herb. It also provides bonus gardening content from MOTHER EARTH NEWS, including information on garden pest control, maximizing your harvest, designing your garden with permanent beds and paths, controlling weeds, and more. At the touch of a button you can quickly share plans with friends and family by email or on popular social networks. The Grow Planner integrates with plans created on our existing Vegetable Garden Planner for PC/Mac.
Here’s a glimpse of the Grow Planner gardening app in action and a summary of what it can do:
• You can create more than one garden plan using the Grow Planner, and then just scroll through your plans and edit or add notes to any plan at any time.
• Take your mobile device out in the garden with you so you have your plan while planting.
• Notice that one variety is doing particularly well, or that one crop is having a pest or disease problem? Note it in the Grow Planner.
• The Grow Planner includes dozens of crops: vegetables, fruits, herbs, cover crops and even plants known to attract beneficial insects.
• One of the most exciting aspects of this gardening app is its ability to save you tons of time via the customized planting chart it creates based on your exact ZIP code and the crops you have added to your garden layout.
• It’s a snap to add a crop to your garden plan. For instance, touch on the screen where you want to place lettuce, then drag your finger to create a row or whole bed of lettuces. The Grow Planner will automatically calculate plant spacing and tell you how many lettuce plants you have added to your plan.
• The Grow Planner for iPad and iPhone is now available for purchase in the App Store. Or, if you don’t have one of these mobile devices, try our desktop Vegetable Garden Planner, which provides the same great garden planning functionality for your PC or Mac.