Smart Mom’s Guide to Essential Oils (Ulysses Press, 2017) by Dr. Maria Snyder helps moms everywhere to use essentials oils to make sure their family is safe, happy, and healthy. Her guide also includes tips to help moms reduce their stress and increase their energy to keep chasing after their little ones. The following excerpt is her respiratory support rub blend.
This rub is intended to open up airways by expanding the chest and supporting healthy lung function. This blend is calming and relaxing and can promote restful sleep.
Yield: 24 applications
For 1 to 5 Years Old (2 percent dilution)• 6 teaspoons coconut oil
• 6 drops lavender essential oil
• 3 drops cardamom essential oil
• 2 drops cypress essential oil
• 1 drop lime essential oil
For 6 to 11 Years Old (5 percent dilution)• 6 teaspoons coconut oil
• 14 drops lavender essential oil
• 8 drops cardamom essential oil
• 6 drops cypress essential oil
• 2 drops lime essential oil
For 12 to 17 Years Old (10 percent dilution)
• 6 teaspoons coconut oil
• 28 drops lavender essential oil
• 16 drops cardamom or eucalyptus essential oil
• 12 drops cypress essential oil
• 4 drops lime essential oil
Directions: Add the coconut oil along with lavender, cardamom, cypress, and lime essential oils and shake very well to blend the rub. Use your fingers to apply a small amount to the back and neck and massage it into the skin. Repeat the treatment three to four times a day and before bedtime. Store in a dark amber jar in a cool place.