Smart Mom’s Guide to Essential Oils (Ulysses Press, 2017) by Dr. Mariza Snyder helps moms everywhere to use essentials oils to make sure their family is safe, happy, and healthy. Her guide also includes tips to help moms reduce their stress and increase their energy to keep chasing after their little ones. The following excerpt is her method for making your own shampoos and conditioners with essential oils.
Yield: 12-ounce glass dispenser
• 1 cup liquid Castile soap
• 1/2 cup canned or homemade coconut milk
• 1/8 cup raw honey
• 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 6 drops peppermint essential oil
• 6 drops wild orange essential oil
Directions: Mix all of the ingredients in a squeeze bottle or glass dispenser. Shake bottle before using and applying to hair.
Yield: 8-ounce spray bottle
• 1 1/2 cups of water
• 3 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
• 6 drops rosemary essential oil
• 3 drops lemon essential oil
• 3 drops bergamot essential oil
Directions: Add all ingredients into a spray bottle. Shake bottle before using and working into hair.
More from: Smart Mom's Guide to Essential Oils• Respiratory Support Rub Blend
• Essential Oil Hand Sanitizing Gel
• Homemade Essential Oil Solid Perfumes
Reprinted with permission from Smart Mom’s Guide to Essential Oils (2017), by Dr. Mariza Snyder and published by Ulysses Press.