Crisp and wildly colorful, autumn leaves are inspiration for warm and heartfelt messages. Although you can use printed papers or prefabricated embellishments, a sustainable source is provided by nature.
By Judi Watanabe
The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking (Quarto Publishing Group, 2016), by Judi Watanabe, explores a wide range of techniques and end products, making it a valuable reference for any crafter. So when the mood strikes, use the artistry you've learned to create personalized greetings for everyone you know!
• 3 pressed leaves in graduating sizes and colors
• 1 sheet kraft-colored card stock, 4 x 5-1/4 inches
• 1 sheet burgundy card stock, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches
• double-sided tape
• kraft-colored paper ribbon, 18 inches
• 1 kraft-colored folded note card, 5 x 7 inches
1. Adhere the pressed leaves to the kraft-colored card stock and let dry.
2. Adhere to the burgundy-colored card stock with double-sided tape.
3. Wrap the paper ribbon around both layers approximately 1 inch from the bottom. Tie a square knot. Trim the ends.
4. Adhere to the folded card with the top and sides equidistant and the bottom margin a little larger.
Reprinted with permission from The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking, by Judi Watanabe and published by Quarto Publishing Group, 2016.
At MOTHER EARTH NEWS, we are dedicated to conserving our planet's natural resources while helping you conserve your financial resources. You'll find tips for slashing heating bills, growing fresh, natural produce at home, and more. That's why we want you to save money and trees by subscribing through our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of MOTHER EARTH NEWS for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.