Crisp and wildly colorful, autumn leaves are inspiration for warm and heartfelt messages. Although you can use printed papers or prefabricated embellishments, a sustainable source is provided by nature.
By Judi Watanabe
The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking (Quarto Publishing Group, 2016), by Judi Watanabe, explores a wide range of techniques and end products, making it a valuable reference for any crafter. So when the mood strikes, use the artistry you've learned to create personalized greetings for everyone you know!
• 3 pressed leaves in graduating sizes and colors
• 1 sheet kraft-colored card stock, 4 x 5-1/4 inches
• 1 sheet burgundy card stock, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches
• double-sided tape
• kraft-colored paper ribbon, 18 inches
• 1 kraft-colored folded note card, 5 x 7 inches
1. Adhere the pressed leaves to the kraft-colored card stock and let dry.
2. Adhere to the burgundy-colored card stock with double-sided tape.
3. Wrap the paper ribbon around both layers approximately 1 inch from the bottom. Tie a square knot. Trim the ends.
4. Adhere to the folded card with the top and sides equidistant and the bottom margin a little larger.
Reprinted with permission from The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking, by Judi Watanabe and published by Quarto Publishing Group, 2016.