Double Thyme Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Roasting brings out the sweet succulence of any vegetable. Serve thyme-roasted vegetables warm with brown rice or polenta as a main course, or by themselves as a side dish. Chill any leftovers and splash them with balsamic vinegar for a wonderful vegetable salad the next day. Yields 3 servings.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 sweet onion, cut lengthwise into eighths
• 6 cups assorted vegetables, cut into 1-inch cubes (carrots, eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini make a good mix)
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
• 1/4 teaspoon salt teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme), divided
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pour olive oil into a large roasting pan.
3. Add remaining ingredients except for half of the thyme.
4. Toss well to coat.
5. Roast, uncovered, for 40 minutes, turning vegetables with a spatula every 15 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes of roasting, add the remaining thyme and return to the oven.
Read more:Growing Your Own Thyme.