- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- cups water
- 1/2 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts, finely ground
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add water and mix well with a fork.
- Form rounds using an ice cream scoop. Put on a baking tray. Set the oven to the lowest temperature. Gently bake overnight, or use a dehydrator set at 115°F for 7 hours.
More from The Secret Life of Your Microbiome:
- Gut Feeling: Linking the Microbiome to Mental Health
- Coconut Yogurt Recipe
- Almond Milk Recipe
- Mushroom Miso Soup Recipe
Reprinted with permission from The Secret Life of Your Microbiome by Susan L. Prescott, MD, PhD and by Alan C. Logan, ND and published by the New Society Publishers, 2017.
This recipe will get you out of bed in the morning! These are delicious topped with half a sliced banana, a spoonful of vanilla yogurt, and a drizzle of maple syrup.