Trout are, in the minds of many people, one of the finest foods that swim. Fried fish for dinner is hard to beat, and this fried trout recipe will be a special treat after a long day of fishing.
- 2 lbs. filleted or pan-dressed trout
- 1 can warm beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- salt to taste\
- oil for frying
- Mix the ingredients other than the fish and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature or until the beer flattens.
- Whisk the mixture until it's frothy and dip the fish in the batter.
- Heat the oil in the pan until it's hot and fry the fish about 1 minute on each side, or until the flesh flakes easily.
See also: A Trio of Trout Recipes