Don’t forget to clean and condition your garden tools before
putting them away this winter. You’ll thank yourself as soon as
spring arrives and your tools are clean, conditioned and ready for
Wooden Tool Parts:
- Rinse or brush dirt off wooden handles.
- Use fine sandpaper to remove any splinters.
- Finish with a light coat of linseed oil.
Metal Tool Parts:
- Use a wire brush to whisk off any dried dirt.
- Sand with fine steel wool.
- Sharpen all blades and cutting edges with a file.
- Apply a light coat of WD-40 and store tools in a bucket of dry
sand to prevent rust.