Different insects are repelled by different essential oil ingredients. You can make your own natural repellent by diluting essential oils in alcohol, witch hazel, or a gentle vegetable oil, such as almond, sunflower, or jojoba. If it’s your first time using one of the essential oils listed below, test a small amount of the finished recipe on the back of your hand before applying elsewhere. Learn to blend these essential oils into bug spray at home to concoct an effective, all-natural bug repellent that deters mosquitoes, ticks, lice, and fleas.
Yield: 2 ounces
Essential oils bug spray Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup alcohol, witch hazel, or oil
- 10 to 20 drops of selected essential oil:
- Cinnamon repels mosquitoes
- Eucalyptus repels mosquitoes, ticks, and lice
- Citronella repels mosquitoes, flies
- Orange repels fleas
- Geranium repels mosquitoes, ticks, and lice
- Combine ingredients and pour into a clean, dry container.
- To use, spray or dab onto your exposed skin or clothing.