Dry indoor climates and cold outdoor temperatures can cause flaky scalps. This common scalp problem is easily cured. Serious cases of scalp dryness, however, should be treated by a physician. Yield: 3 ounces, enough for 1 treatment.
For an Oily, Flaky Scalp
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together all ingredients, and massage into your scalp.
To use: Leave on for 20 minutes before shampooing.
For a Dry, Flaky Scalp
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 1/4 teaspoon tea tree oil
- Combine the 2 oils.
- Massage into clean, wet hair.
To use: Leave on for 10 minutes before shampooing.
Also from Natural Beauty for All Seasons:
- Natural Care for Winter Skin and Hair
- Black-Eyed Pea Cleanser
- Pine Toner
- Basic Shampoo
- Greek Yogurt Mask
- Winter Moisturizer
- Olive Oil Shaving Cream
- Herbal Sleep Pillow
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home and Natural Beauty from the Garden. She’s the beauty editor for Herb Quarterly magazine, a regular magazine contributor, and a frequent speaker at MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIRS. This excerpt is from her book Natural Beauty for All Seasons, available below.