The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking (Quarto Publishing Group, 2016), by Judi Watanabe, explores a wide range of techniques and end products, making it a valuable reference for any crafter. So when the mood strikes, use the artistry you’ve learned to create personalized greetings for everyone you know!
You Will Need
• 1 paper napkin
• paper adhesive
• 1 sheet cream card stock, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches
• 1 peach-colored folded notecard, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches
• baker’s twine
1. Separate the printed layer of the napkin. Choose the images you wish to use for your card and cut them out.
2. Using the paper adhesive, apply the napkin cutouts to the cream-colored card stock. Because the adhesive dries clear, you can apply adhesive to the card stock and lay the delicate napkin layer on the wet adhesive. You can also smooth out wrinkles with more paper adhesive and a paintbrush. Let the paper dry, but clean your paintbrush before the adhesive dries.
3. Crop to 4-1/4 x 4-3/4 inches and adhere to the folded card. Tie baker’s twine and secure with a bow.
Read more from The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking:
Reprinted with permission from The Complete Photo Guide to Cardmaking, by Judi Watanabe and published by Quarto Publishing Group, 2016.