With these instructions for an herbal sleep pillow, you’ll be on your way to a better night’s sleep in no time.
1. Cut a fabric piece 12 inches square for the pillow front. Cut two 9-by-12-inch pieces for the back.
2. Fold under 1/4 inch, then 3/4 inch on a long side of each back piece; hem.
3. Right sides together, lay the back pieces on the front, overlapping hems. Stitch together.
4. Sew together two 12-inch muslin squares, leaving an opening on one side. Turn right side out.
5. Fill the muslin insert with dried sedative herbs: lavender, hops, marjoram, rose petals, thyme, rosemary, peppermint, lemon-scented herbs or chamomile. Sew opening shut. Tuck the insert into the outer pillow. When the fragrance fades, refill the insert with new herbs.