Nearly every time a major appliance or electrical gadget breaks, I find myself wondering if spending money to replace the item is a better choice than spending money to repair it. In addition to the financial factor, there are several others to consider:
- How long will the appliance last after it’s repaired?
- What is the environmental impact of purchasing a replacement?
- What options exist for recycling the old item?
- How much more energy efficient would a newer product be?
- How long will the repair take?
‘TheGreenGuide’ offers a quick reference and explanations for their recommendations in online article: Repair or Replace. This is definitely worth reading and bookmarking for future reference.