Whole Beauty (Artisan Books, 2018), by Shiva Rose, is a beginning guide for readers to learn natural recipes and daily rituals for beauty practices. Rose encourages readers to begin on her path in order to grasp techniques, but she also encourages creativity and listening to intuition with the goal in mind to branch out on their own paths. Ritual is at the heart of her book and her practices. Readers can learn to honor themselves and enhance their well-being by drawing attention to details and the time commitment it takes for a successful beauty ritual.
• 1/2 cup white vinegar
• 1/2 gallon water
• 2 tablespoons organic baking soda
• Essential oils of your choosing
• Glass spray bottle (you can also use plastic, but I prefer glass to avoid exposure to phthalates and BPA) or metal bucket
• 10 drops of grapefruit oil
• 10 drops of lemon oil
For an Evergreen Version
• 10 drops of cedar oil
• 10 drops of juniper oil
For a Floral Version
• 10 drops of geranium oil
• 10 drops of lavender oil
1. Mix the vinegar, water, and baking soda in the spray bottle or bucket, and add the essential oils of your choosing.
2.To use, shake or stir well, then apply and wipe or mop clean.
3.Stored out of direct sunlight, it will keep for up to 6 months.
More from Whole Beauty: