- Complementary herbs (optional)
- • 1 cup baking soda
- • 30 to 40 drops essential oils of choice
- • Glass jar, with measuring spoon or shaker lid
- If you’re using herbs, pick those that complement your essential oils. Try dried lavender, rosemary, peppermint, or citrus rinds. Whatever you choose, grind them in an old coffee grinder or blender.
- Combine herbs, baking soda, and essential oils in your container, and shake thoroughly to combine. Let sit overnight.
- When you’re ready to use, sprinkle the deodorizer lightly over the carpet from your container or with a spoon. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then vacuum up. Note: Check your vacuum manufacturer's instructions to ensure that baking soda won’t harm the machine.
This DIY carpet deodorizer offers a simple way to make your home smell fresh and inviting. Choose your favorite essential oil and let the baking soda do the rest.
Adapted from a recipe on Don’t Waste the Crumbs, where Tiffany blogs about healthy living on a budget.