- 1/2 cup (100ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz (25g) white chocolate chips, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (300ml) skim milk
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- squeeze of honey
- Whip the cream and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat.
- Mix the vanilla sugar into the milk.
- Add the milk, matcha, and honey to the melted chocolate mixture and blend or whisk.
- Pour into a glass. Garnish with the whipped cream and chocolate chips and serve immediately.
More from The Book of Matcha:• Overnight Oats with Matcha • Origins of Matcha
Reprinted with permission from The Book of Matcha © 2016 by Louise Cheadle and Nick Kilby. Published by Sterling Epicure. Photography by Jacqui Small.
Yum, yum, yum! Creamy vanilla and white chocolate mixed with matcha are an indulgent and dreamy combination. Dress it up or down as you wish, varying the decoration depending on your mood.