- 115 g (4 oz/ 1/2 cup) salted butter
- 115 g (4 oz) Valrhona Guanaja 70% dark chocolate (or other dark chocolate)
- 2 large eggs
- 350 g (12 oz/1-1/4 cups) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150 g (5 oz/1-1/4 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 50 g (2 oz/ 1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 25 raspberries, squashed
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F/Gas mark 3).
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over a gentle heat, stirring regularly. Leave to cool for a few minutes. Whisk the eggs and sugar. Stir in the chocolate-butter mixture until smooth. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder.
- Form the dough into balls the size of a golf ball and space them about 7 cm (2-3/4 in) apart on a baking sheet. Push your thumb gently into each one and insert a squashed raspberry.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Leave the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then allow to cool on a rack.
- Spread the cooked raspberry over the surface of the cookie with a teaspoon.
Valentine works at Valrhona’s headquarters, and I created this cookie for her, using Valrhona’s Guanaja 70% dark chocolate and fresh raspberries.
Preparation: 30 minutes + baking: 15 minutes
More Recipes from Cookie Love:
Recipes excerpted with permission from Cookie Love by Jean Hwang Carrant, published by Hardie Grant Books August 2019, RRP $11.99 Hardcover.