- 1 package organic or non-GMO extra-firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Slice tofu into sticks. Whisk together soy sauce, oil, seeds, cumin, and pepper. Toss tofu sticks with sauce and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place tofu on a baking sheet and bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
More From: Un-Junk Your Diet• 11 Realistic Methods of Stress Management • Spiced White Bean Dip Recipe • Miso Ginger Salmon Collard Packets Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Un-Junk Your Diet (2014), by Desiree Nielsen and published by Skyhorse Publishing.
Un-Junk Your Diet (Skyhorse Publishing, 2014) by Desiree Nielsen inspires readers to live a healthier life, offering tips from grocery shopping to using your diet to fight inflammation. Nielson approaches the subject with an engaging sense of humor that will motivate readers to work hard for a better diet. The following excerpt is her recipe for tofu sesame sticks.
Tofu is the ultimate blank canvas; knowing how to impart flavor is the trick to making tofu lovers out of anyone. This protein and calcium rich dish makes a great protein at dinnertime, a great snack, or sandwich meat.