- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 3/4 cup frozen edamame beans
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, curry powder, cumin, sugar, salt and hot pepper flakes and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large deep skillet over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat pan. Add garlic and toss well, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add ground lamb and using a spatula break up meat and spread into a single layer. Toss well. Cook, tossing occasionally, until no longer pink on the outside, about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce mixture and toss well. Add edamame beans and water. Cook, tossing occasionally, until lamb is no longer pink and edamame beans are hot, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cilantro and toss well. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve hot or warm.
Want more one-pot meals? Find more recipes in Easy Meals: One-Pot Recipes for Every Season.
This recipe has been reprinted with the permission of 300 Best Stir-Fry Recipes, by Nancie McDermott, published by robertrose.ca, 2007.
This recipe can be tossed with pasta or tucked into warm tortillas.