Instant One-Pot Meals (Countryman Press, 2017) by Laura Arnold has outrageously easy recipes, designed for the 7-in-1 electric pressure cooker, that will make homemade weeknight meals a reality.
Forget buying barbecue sauce from the store—make your own in just minutes. You will want to make extra because it will run out quickly! Freeze any extra sauce and thaw when ready to use.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Select the Sauté setting and heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño and sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper flakes during the last minute of cooking. Turn the Sauté setting off and add the remaining ingredients. Secure the lid and set on Manual with low pressure for 12 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release and remove the lid.
- Allow to cool completely and use as a condiment or in your favorite recipes! Barbecue sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More recipes from Instant One-Pot Meals:
Excerpted from Instant One-Pot Meals, © by Laura Arnold, photography by The Countryman Press, used with permission from The Countryman Press.