Mix-and-Match Mama Eats by Shay Shull (Harvest House Publishers, 2016) will be your go-to resource for easy meals. In the same cookbook series as Mix-and-Match Mama Simmers, this cookbook will have you serving up meals in no-time. This recipe for balsamic chicken can cook in the slow cooker all day long as you’re at work or running errands.
One afternoon at gymnastics, my friend Heather shared this simple slow cooker meal with me. She said to layer everything in my slow cooker, cover and cook all day. That’s it! I love getting recipes like this one from my girlfriends!
• 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked (frozen or thawed)
• 1 onion, sliced
• 4 to 5 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar Salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons sugar
1. In a slow cooker, layer all ingredients in the order above, omitting the sugar (you’ll add that at the end). If the chicken is frozen, cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours. If chicken is thawed, cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
2. About 30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, shred the chicken right inside the slow cooker with two forks. Stir in the sugar and cover again to finish cooking another 20 to 30 minutes before you serve.
More from Mix and Match Mama Eats:
Taken from: Mix & Match Mama Eats. Copyright © 2016 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.