The 2nd-place winner of our Green Tomato Recipe Contest, this green tomato cake recipe impressed our editors.
Green Tomato Cake with Apple Cider Glaze Recipe
• 1 1/2 Cups vegetable oil
• 2 Cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1 Cup whole wheat flour
• Pinch each of cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger and black pepper
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 cup raisins
• 3 cups fresh green tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
• 3 Tablespoons apple cider
1. In a large bowl beat eggs, oil and sugar together until thick.
2. In a second bowl combine spices with flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet a little at a time mixing well.
4. Add chopped green tomatoes, nuts, raisins, cider and walnuts.
5. Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
For the Apple Cider Glaze:
Got more green tomatoes? If you're looking for additional ways to use your green tomatoes in the kitchen, head on over to our Green Tomato Recipes collection page!