- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 scallion, minced
- 12 cups mixed greens
- 3 cups cubed baked tofu (12 ounces)
- 2 cups carrot matchsticks or slices
- 2 cups sliced snap peas
- To make the dressing: Place canola oil, vinegar, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and scallion in a bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid; whisk or shake until well combined. To make the salad:
- Place greens in a salad bowl; toss with 1⁄2 cup of the dressing. (Refrigerate the remaining 1⁄4 cup dressing for another use.) Top the greens with tofu, carrots and snap peas.
- Serve with baked sweet potato wedges tossed in soy sauce, sesame seeds and toasted sesame oil.
Want more one-pot meals? Find more recipes in Easy Meals: One-Pot Recipes for Every Season.
This recipe has been reprinted with the permission of EatingWell One-Pot Meals, by Jessie Price and the EatingWell Test Kitchen, published by The Countryman Press, 2011.
This Asian-inspired salad is made satisfying with savory baked tofu; carrots and snap peas add crunch. If you find mixed greens labeled “Asian,” which typically include mizuna and other spicy greens, choose them for this recipe.