- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 onion, small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and small diced
- 2 stalks celery, small diced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound dried red beans, rinsed, picked through, and quick soaked (see note on page 107) or soaked overnight
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- White rice, cooked, to serve
- Scallions, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Select the Sauté setting and heat the olive oil. Add sausage and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery and cook until almost translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, cayenne, and bay leaves and cook an additional minute. Add the beans and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock.
- Secure the lid and place on Manual with high pressure for 15 minutes. Use quick release and remove the lid. Remove the bay leaves. Serve over white rice and garnish with scallions.
More recipes from Instant One-Pot Meals:
Excerpted from Instant One-Pot Meals, © by Laura Arnold, photography by The Countryman Press, used with permission from The Countryman Press.
Instant One-Pot Meals (Countryman Press, 2017) by Laura Arnold has outrageously easy recipes, designed for the 7-in-1 electric pressure cooker, that will make homemade weeknight meals a reality.
Imagine tender beans, packed with flavor, served over rice in almost no time! Add your favorite sausage or chicken to this dish to make a complete meal.