- 2 cups dehydrated baby leaf spinach
- 1⁄2 cup dehydrated sliced, halved zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup dehydrated sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup dehydrated chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup dehydrated thinly sliced carrots
- 1⁄3 cup dehydrated sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon powdered dehydrated tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated crushed basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed dehydrated oregano
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated chopped celery
- : Place all ingredients into bags. Place small bag into large bag, seal, and label with cooking instructions.
- 10 cups water
- Place ingredients from large and small bags into medium pot. Add water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
More from: Quick and Easy Dehydrated Meals in a Bag• Your Introduction to Meals in a Bag • Easy Crab Chowder Recipe • Sausage-Potato Bake Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Quick and Easy Dehydrated Meals in a Bag (2018), by Tammy Gangloff, Steven Gangloff, and September Ferguson and published by Stackpole Books.
Quick and Easy Dehydrated Meals in a Bag (Stackpole Books, 2018) by Tammy Gangloff, Steven Gangloff, and September Ferguson gives families handy recipes to whip up quick meals, offers hikers meals to take on their adventures, and survivalists who are looking to dehydrate their meals to store for emergencies. The following excerpt is their recipe for Minestrone Soup in a bag.
Meals in a bag are for you to use at dinnertime to whip together a beautiful and robust meal in a snap! You will make your family and guests think that you have been slaving in the kitchen for hours making these flavorful dishes. We’ll let that part be our little secret!