- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 par-baked pie shell
- See below for Pumpkin Purée Recipe and Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the sugar and spices into the purée.
- Add the eggs and cream, and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Use foil or pie shields to prevent the edges of the crust from overcooking.
- Bake the pie in the oven’s center rack for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, turn the pie 180 degrees and remove the pie shields.
- Continue baking until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean, as many as 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack.