- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable oil
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- Pinch each of cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups fresh green tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider
- In a large bowl beat eggs, oil and sugar together until thick.
- In a second bowl combine spices with flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet a little at a time mixing well.
- Add chopped green tomatoes, nuts, raisins, cider and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. For the Apple Cider Glaze:
- In small pan combine 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup apple cider and 1 cup sugar. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes. Pour warm glaze over warm cake. Got more green tomatoes? If you're looking for additional ways to use your green tomatoes in the kitchen, head on over to our Green Tomato Recipes collection page!
The 2nd-place winner of our Green Tomato Recipe Contest, this green tomato cake recipe impressed our editors.