- 1/2 lb. bacon, browned, drained and crumbled (apple smoked or maple is really good!)
- 2 cups diced green tomatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- Small white onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. white or cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper Garnish:
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Minced chives
- Bring diced tomatoes to a boil over medium heat, cook and stir constantly for 10 minutes.
- Mix other jam ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir constantly for 12 minutes.
- Allow jam to cool to room temperature.
- Spread on toasted baguette slices and garnish with feta cheese and rosemary if desired. Got more green tomatoes? If you're looking for additional ways to use your green tomatoes in the kitchen, head on over to our Green Tomato Recipes collection page!
This jam is especially delicious on toasted baguette slices.