Nourish and Glow (Countryman Press, 2018) by Jules Aron presents a cookbook that focuses on using pure, healthy ingredients that taste yummy and nourishes your outer beauty. By concentrating on using vitamin- and mineral-rich ingredients, Aron’s recipes offer an unexpected outward rejuvenation. The following excerpt is her recipe for Dandelion Spring Salad.
Light, fresh, and appealing, this lively salad screams “spring.” Dandelions are great detoxifying greens, full of minerals and trace elements perfect for springtime, adding a zesty flavor to this fresh, fruit-forward salad. Toss with the Berry Beauty Elixir and enjoy!
Salad• 1 bunch dandelion greens
• 3 cups baby mixed greens
• 1 cup microgreens
• 1 cup sugar snap peas, deveined and split open
• 1 cup mixed berries
• 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
• 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
• Culinary-grade flowers, for garnish (optional)
Berry Beauty Elixir• 1/2 cup mixed berries
• 1/4 cup beet juice
• 1/2 cup sunflower oil
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Toss the spring vegetables together in a large bowl. When ready to serve, gently mix with the berry dressing, to avoid bruising the greens. Sprinkle with the flowers, if desired, and serve immediately.
Berry Beauty Elixir
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to an airtight glass bottle. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More from: Nourish and Glow• Eating for Your Health and Beauty
• Buckwheat Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote Recipe
• Homemade Baked Vegetable Chips
Reprinted with permission from Nourish and Glow (2018), by Jules Aron and published by Countryman Press.