- 3 cups tahini
- 1 cup nut butter
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds or nuts of your choice
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls (make smaller or larger if desired). Try rolling the balls in cocoa powder, or extra chopped nuts or coconut, if you’d like.
- Store balls in the fridge or freezer. If frozen, pull out a handful and let thaw for just a few minutes, and they’ll be ready to pop in your mouth!
More Ideas for Homemade Snack Foods• Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups Recipe • Grab ’n’ Go: Homemade Convenience Foods
I adore these energy bites for after-work snacks and pre- or post-exercise nourishment. A pared-down version of Rosemary Gladstar’s “Zoom Balls” recipe (available in her book Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health), they’re easy to make and store well in the freezer.