- 8 to 12 slices of bread
- 2 pounds mixed greens, such as chard, kale, broccoli rabe, or chicory, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Olive oil
- 1/3 pound grated Parmesan
- 4 cups lightly salted hot water
- Toast bread and set aside. Bring greens to a rolling boil in water to cover, and then reduce heat and cover until wilted. To assemble soup, rub a piece of toast with garlic and place in a serving bowl. Lightly dress with olive oil, and add a layer of greens and a sprinkling of Parmesan. Continue until ingredients are used up, finishing with layer of cheese. Pour the hot salted water over the bread. Break up bread with a serving spoon, stir, and serve.
Read more about bread at Beautiful Stenciled Breads.
More recipes to make beautiful bread:• Garlic Bread Recipe
• Turkey Stuffing Recipe
Picture yourself sitting cozily inside your house, perhaps a fire crackling, while a winter storm brews outside. Now picture holding a bowl of warm bread soup in your hands – the perfect addition to make any cold night warmer.