- 6 whole strawberries, cleaned (you don’t have to remove the hulls)
- 2 tablespoons light oil, such as almond, sunflower, or jojoba
- 3 tablespoons witch hazel
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a clean container and cover. You’ll want to keep this cleanser in the refrigerator, because it contains real berries.
- Use in place of soap to clean your skin.
Strawberries make an excellent cleanser and moisturizer. They’re rich in vitamin C, and their mildness works for most skin types. If you can’t find fresh strawberries, you can substitute frozen ones; make sure they don’t have any added sugar, and allow them to thaw before using. Yield: 3 ounces.
Note: If you have oily skin, you may want to cut down on the amount of oil in this strawberry cleanser recipe. You could also substitute aloe vera gel.
Learn more about natural skin care here!