It truly doesn’t get much easier than this Basic Shampoo recipe.
This tress-cleansing concoction will seem thinner than most store-bought shampoos, but the effectiveness will be equivalent. Yield: 4 ounces.
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup liquid castile soap, such as Dr. Bronner’s
• 1/2 tsp light vegetable oil (omit if you have oily hair)
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the shampoo into a clean squeeze bottle or empty shampoo bottle. Apply to wet hair. If enhanced with egg, be sure to rinse with cool water.
• For dry hair, mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of Basic Shampoo.
• For oily hair, mix 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with 1 cup of Basic Shampoo.
• For normal hair, mix 1 raw egg with 1 tablespoon of Basic Shampoo.
Interested in more low-cost recipes for toiletries? Read Homemade Bath Products: Shampoo, Deodorant and Toothpaste.
Whether you want to learn how to grow and raise your own food, build your own root cellar, or create a green dream home, come out and learn everything you need to know — and then some!LEARN MORE