8 Natural Bee Sting Treatment Options


| 10/15/2013 9:13:00 AM


Tags: home remedies, bees, herbalism, bee stings, Jami Cooley RN, Texas,

honey beeBee stings can be deadly if a person is allergic to the venom. If you or a family member is allergic to bee stings and gets stung, remove the stinger and seek emergency medical attention right away. Do not rely on a natural bee sting treatment alone. Use an EpiPen (epinephrine auto-injector) if you have one.

Any person who is stung by a bee, needs to be monitored for signs of anaphylaxis (life-threatening reaction). About 3 percent of people stung by bees quickly develop this condition. Signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis include:

Itching/redness
Hives/welts
Shortness of breath
Feelings of faintness or dizziness

If there is any concern that a person is developing anaphylaxis, call 911 right away. You can also take over-the-counter Benadryl, but this will not stop the anaphylaxis; it will only slow it. You must seek emergency medical attention immediately for bee allergy.

Non-Allergic Bee Sting Treatment Options

For a quick recovery from non-allergic bee stings, you have three things to do to begin the healing process:

1. Extract the stinger.

Hal
2/2/2018 5:58:51 AM

The BEST treatment for any sting or venom is electric shock. REALLY!! Get out your TENS unit and run it as high as you can tolerate and the effect of the venom will disappear within minutes. For many years snake bites in Latin America were treated by connecting a wire from a spark plug on an auto to the bite area. IT WORKED! http://www.nytimes.com/1986/08/05/science/the-doctor-s-world-new-shock-therapy-for-snakebites.html?pagewanted=all


Hal
2/2/2018 5:58:49 AM

One of the best treatments for bee stings and other venoms is o get your "Tens Unit" out and set it as high as you can tolerate. In under a minute you will be feeling fine as can be. This is the truth although the AMA works very hard to keep this unknown and to discredit it at every opportunity. The "antivenom" industry would dry up and blow away.


anneonthelake
10/16/2017 8:54:19 PM

Several years ago I had a very bad reaction to one wasp sting on my face. I was disfigured for 6 weeks. A few years after that I was swarmed and bitten 70+ times around the face, neck area, by then I knew hot water helped for me and I ran into the house and jumped into the shower. The very hot water felt so good on the stings. I almost emptied the tank but when I came out, I was completely free of any swelliing or discomfort, which never came back. It was as if I had never been bitten. I learned bee and wasp stings are thermolabile which means their venom is destroyed or deactivated by heat but the hot water has to be used very quickly within minutes if possible otherwise the venom spreads. For me, very hot water is also the best remedy for itches of all kinds. My doctor told me the heat activates the histamine in our glands which is quickly released and then you are itch free for severa hours until the gland fills up again, this depends on the itch;. This works for insect bites, such as mosquitoes, fleas, bees, wasps, bed bugs etc. and on poison I’ve, poison oak, but NOT on SPIDERS, SCORPIONS or SNAKES. The hot water first increases the itch but as you increase the level of heat, the slight burn soothes the itch. I generally end with a cool rince off. PLEASE make sure you don't burn yourself if you try this.





mother earth news fair 2018 schedule

MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR

Next: April 28-29, 2018
Asheville, NC

Whether you want to learn how to grow and raise your own food, build your own root cellar, or create a green dream home, come out and learn everything you need to know — and then some!

LEARN MORE