Photo by David Murphy
Makes about 12 jelly “bars,” depending on the size of your mold
This is one of those projects that you’ll love making for your children. This is especially great to have on hand if you happen to have one of those kids who goes through gallons of liquid body wash and never really comes out clean. These are so colorful, fun to play with (so you’ll be sure that your kid will come out clean), and a breeze to make. What can be better? Oh yeah, it’ll save you body wash by the gallon! If you want to spice it up, you can add your favorite essential oils to make them smell all pretty.Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 oz. unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup body wash
- Blue and green food dye
- Silicone molds
Photo by Unsplash/freestocks
- Add 1-1/2 cups water to your Instant Pot metal liner. Press the Sauté button and wait for water to gently boil. Once boil has been achieved, press the Cancel button and stop.
- Gently add in and stir the gelatin, and mix until well dissolved. Be sure to pay attention to any lumps or bumps. We don’t want any of those in our mixture.
- Then add in your body wash, and gently mix so as to not cause any kind of bubbles. From there, I divided my mixture in half and added in the food coloring. I added 6 drops of blue to one and 6 drops of green to the other, and gently mixed.
- Pour your mixture into your favorite silicone molds. Allow up to 24 hours to set, or place in the fridge to help set faster.
Tip: These store well in the fridge or freezer, since we are making them in batches. I made them into small squares because if you leave them in the bathtub or shower, then they will turn into gloop. However, once you’re done with shower or bath, you can simply put it in a plastic storage container and place in the fridge to keep safe. I find smaller molds more convenient to use.
More from DIY Crafts and Projects for Your Instant Pot:
Excerpted with permission from DIY Crafts and Projects for Your Instant Pot: Lip Balm, Tie-Dye, Candles, and Dozens of Other Amazing Ideas! by David Murphy. Copyright 2019 by Racehorse Publishing, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.