Discover this Vegetarian Chili Recipe, ideal for your next meatless meal.
- 1 pound of red beans or kidney beans
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2 chopped medium-sized onions
- 2 chopped stalks of celery
- 6 peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups of tomato puree
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable salt
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Pick over and wash 1 pound of red beans or kidney beans, and soak them overnight. Then cook 'em for about 1 hour, or until they're soft, in just enough water to cover the beans.
- Add green pepper, onions, celery and peeled tomatoes (all chopped), then tomato puree, minced garlic cloves, vegetable salt, chili powder and oregano.
- Let the vegetables cook just long enough to be slightly softened, while remaining crisp, then dish out your chili!
- Garnish it with a little grated cheese, and we guarantee you that you won't miss the "carne" at all!
Read more about vegetarian meals: Hearty Vegetarian Vegetable Soups.