Blogger Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The CONTEST is sponsored by OGDEN PUBLICATIONS, INC., 1503 SW 42nd Street, Topeka, KS 66609.
2. Entry Period: “MOTHER EARTH NEWS Blogger Contest 2020” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:01:01 AM (ET) on March 1, 2020, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on May 31, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
3. Eligibility: To take part in the Contest, participants must be legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec, where the promotion is void), and at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Participants must also already have a blogger account with www.motherearthnews.com – contest is for MOTHER EARTH NEWS bloggers who had a blogging account set up on www.motherearthnews.com previous to March 1, 2020. Employees (and their immediate families, i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings) of Ogden Publications, Inc., and its affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: Using your existing blogger account with www.motherearthnews.com to post blogs on www.motherearthnews.com between March 1, 2020 through May 31, 2020. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” Ogden Publications reserves the right to disqualify any blogs posts deemed incomplete or inappropriate.
By submitting an Entry, you grant to the Sponsor and its affiliated entities, without additional financial or other compensation, the right to use your Entry, name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and biographical material, in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Sponsor, its affiliated entities, the Contest, any advertisers or co-sponsors associated with the Contest and their products and services.
5. Winner Selection: The Winners will be selected during the month of June, 2020, or within a reasonable time thereafter. Winner will be responsible for all U.S. and State taxes and/or fees. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of prizes permitted. Winner will be notified by email.
Winner A: Will be determined by the author with the most unique pageviews for all their blog posts on www.motherearthnews.com from March 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020. The winner will have authored their blog posts considered within the contest period between March 1, 2020, and May 31, 2020 and the posts must be original to www.motherearthnews.com, rather than republished from another website. Blog posts published prior or after this window will not be considered. Google Analytics will be used to determine number of unique pageviews.
Winner A Prize:
1. $75.00 gift certificate to use at: https://www.motherearthnews.com/store/
Winner B: Will be determined by the author of the single blog post on www.motherearthnews.com that accrues the most unique pageviews from March 1, 2020, to April 30, 2020. The winning blog post must be authored during the months of March 2020 through May 2020 and must be original to www.motherearthnews.com, rather than republished from another website. Blog posts published prior to or after this window will not be considered. Google Analytics will be used to determine number of unique pageviews.
Winner B Prize:
1. $75.00 gift certificate to use at: https://www.motherearthnews.com/store/
Winner C: Will be determined by the editors of Mother Earth News, who will select an author who submits an original, high-quality post on www.motherearthnews.com that is suitable for printing in a 2020 or 2021 issue of the magazine. The winning blog post must be authored during the months of March 2020 through May 2020 and must be original to www.motherearthnews.com, rather than republished from another website. Blog posts published prior to or after this window will not be considered. Editors will select Winner C at their discretion.
Winner C Prize:
1. $150.00 monetary compensation (in the form of a check) plus their blog post published as an article in a 2020 or 2021 issue of Mother Earth News print-edition magazine.
In the event that the same person authors both the blog posts with the most cumulative pageviews (Winner A) and the blog post with the most unique pageviews (Winner B), a second winner will be determined by the person who authored the post with the second-highest number of unique pageviews.
Total Retail Value of all Prizes: $300.00
6. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The Sponsor will require the Prize Winner(s) to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity to assure compliance with these Promotion rules. The Prize Winner(s) must execute the documentation by fax and/or mail within 7 days at the time of prize notification or an alternate winner will be selected. By signing the Affidavit of Eligibility, the Prize Winner(s) gives the Sponsor full rights to use: the winner’s name, hometown, and photograph or likeness in connection with the winning entry and this Promotion for all publicity purposes, Internet/Web site promotion, and/or trade purposes, without further compensation. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of blog posts made during entry period. The Prize Winner(s) will be notified by email.
7. General Prize Terms: The value of Prizes may be taxable to Prize Winner(s) as income. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Prize Winner or potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prizes as described herein. The odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Sponsor’s Web site and the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by the Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by the Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE KANSAS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF KANSAS SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsor, and hereby acknowledge that said Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
9. WINNERS LIST: To review the names of winners, please visit https://www.motherearthnews.com/ogden-contest-winners.
10. OFFICIAL RULES BY MAIL: For your own copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to “MOTHER EARTH NEWS Blogger Contest 2020,” 1503 SW 42nd Street, Topeka, KS 66609.
11. SPONSOR: The CONTEST is sponsored by OGDEN PUBLICATIONS, INC., 1503 SW 42nd Street, Topeka, KS 66609.