I adore these energy bites for after-work snacks and pre- or post-exercise nourishment. A pared-down version of Rosemary Gladstar’s “Zoom Balls” recipe (available in her book Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health), they’re easy to make and store well in the freezer.
• 3 cups tahini
• 1 cup nut butter
• 2 cups honey
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
• 8 ounces shredded coconut
• 1 cup chopped almonds or nuts of your choice
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls (make smaller or larger if desired). Try rolling the balls in cocoa powder, or extra chopped nuts or coconut, if you’d like.
2. Store balls in the fridge or freezer. If frozen, pull out a handful and let thaw for just a few minutes, and they’ll be ready to pop in your mouth!