Natural Health

Healthy living, herbal remedies and DIY natural beauty.

Three Favorite Home Remodeling Blogs

3/13/2012 4:31:49 PM

Tags: Remodeling, Redecorating, Jessica Kellner, DIY, Natural Home Living

Whether it's a new piece of art or furniture or even some new shelves or organizational bins, things that help us redecorate or organize our homes can make us feel refreshed — especially as spring rolls around! I think new decor is even more fun and satisfying when we've had a hand in making or renovating it ourselves. Sure, I like the couch and loveseat my husband and I picked out at the furniture store, but I always brag about the antique dining room set and buffet we spied at a local auction, bought for just $50 and refinished with sandpaper and low-VOC paint. I'm fond of the framed vintage New Yorker covers I bought from a street vendor in New York, but I love the hanging artwork we made ourselves out of four canvases, paint and hemp twine.

DIY home decor projects aren't just fun — they're also affordable and offer that "thrill of the hunt" feeling. You didn't just pick up that piece of furniture at Target. No, you had the incredible vision to pick it out at the secondhand store and recognize its post-renovation potential! You didn't spend $800 on a piece of cool wall art. You made your own amazing art using stuff from around the house!

Luckily for those of us who aren't necessarily always inspired on our own, several bloggers out there are filled with fantastic ideas for smart home decorating and secondhand renovating. If you're looking for inspiration, I suggest you check them out.

1. Centsational Girl

Tiered Barrel Garden

Pictured: Centsational Girl's Tiered Wine Barrel Planter

Kate, a northern California blogger who describes herself as a "bargain hunter, design lover and incurable DIYer" offers so many fabulous and adorable remodeling and decorating projects, it's hard to choose any one to talk about! An outdoor cabana makeover that she did will be featured in the upcoming issue of Natural Home & Garden, but I also love her DIY organizing projects (such as the homemade laundry drying rack) and smart furniture makeovers (like this kelly green desk).

The best thing Centsational Girl has going for her is a great can-do attitude. She's constantly finding inspiration in the unexpected and putting it to use in her home.

2. Young House Love

Post Card Wall Pictured: Young House Love's gallery postcard wall

Sherry and John are two "DIY dorks" who share every detail as they renovate their 50-year-old house for modern-day living. John and Sherry always ask how they can do it themselves, do it better, do it greener and do it cheaper — with fantastic results. They share just about everything, from how to clean the whole house quickly to how to paint furniture to how to keep a good attitude during remodels.

Sherry and John's very readable posts make you feel like you're seeing a little slice of their adorable family's life (they have a 1-year-old) and make you feel that if they can do it, you can do it (if you follow their very thorough instructions).

3. House Tweaking

Love Headboard Design lover and mother of soon-to-be three Dana writes about just about everything in her life — including product pics, maternity workouts and holiday decor along with the main renovation posts — as her family has remodeled a home, sold it and now prepares a smaller space for simple but stylish living.

I like the personal nature of her blog and her quick and easy transformations. One of my favorites of her many projects is the DIY Fence Board Headboard (pictured).

Photos courtesy of each website

HOMEGROWN Life: A First Lesson in Homemaking

HOMEGROWN Life blogger and Pennsylvania homesteading mama Michelle takes a young woman under her win...

Natural Home Decorates Blair House and the U.S. State Department for Magazine Holiday Design Showcase

Natural Home has been invited to decorate rooms in Blair House, the President’s guest house that har...

Transformation Tuesday: Upcycle Mania!

The shopping website Hipcycle offers beautiful upcycled products for your home and garden.

Green Homes and Green Building Information: An Index

This index links to some recent and popular posts related to green building, design, remodeling, and...

RSS

alextabrizionly
10/29/2013 6:40:34 AM
This looks very pretty .......Beautiful Thanks for sharing complete home remodel

David
10/22/2013 3:09:24 AM
Outstanding post! Actually a house is where your heart lies and it is probably the most special for anyone. I used to be always concerned about the beauty of my home. Being in Minnesota, my house was the victim of regular snow fall and lots of other unwanted things. Thank god I met my friend Luis who recommended me to consult with some good remodeling service provider. And guess what, They made my home literally like heaven in a very affordable price. A free advice! Here is their link home remodeling

Andrew
9/5/2013 6:26:09 AM
This is a very significant post.I really like it.Through this home remodeling we can give our home a new look. http://seastoneconstruction.co.nz/

home
7/28/2013 7:47:33 AM

I like blogs related to <b><a href="http://dsbrody.com/">home remodeling</a></b> and home renovation. I am searching for general contractor for renovation of my home. How to find creative designs in home remodeling. Please help me and share some new designs.

Jackie Champion
8/23/2012 9:03:28 PM
What a nice and interesting post! Thank you for sharing this one. You are truly creative. I could get some ideas from you and try to apply it to my business. remodel Peabody Keep it up!

WantFlooringcom
8/1/2012 8:35:34 PM
I really enjoyed this blog! If you're looking for any flooring, check out this website! http://www.WantFlooring@gmail.com

Stuart
7/10/2012 9:37:33 AM
Home remodeling not only gives your home a new look but it is under your budget only. It helps you to extend and renovate your home as per your need and requirement.

Mandy Sulc
6/25/2012 3:13:35 PM
i love young house love! www.dallasbuilderseducation.com