From her rural Missouri beginnings decorating tables with cherry-tree branches to her current and much-anticipated dinners and parties that always include a "cherry on the top" surprise for her guests, Cheryl Najafi teaches others to break the rules of proper entertaining.
With her signature wit and creativity, Najafi inspires hosts to infuse their own personal style, humor and whimsy into any occasion. Most people put all of their effort into celebrating big events, but Najafi believes that it's the little things in life that nurture us, making moments matter … and memorable. With You're So Invited, she shares her fresh approach to entertaining to get you planning your next (or maybe your first!) party without fretting or fussing, so you can relax and have as much fun as your guests!
An inspiring book for novice and experienced entertainers alike, You're So Invited features 10 beautifully photographed parties, from a chic surprise birthday to an irreverent going-away roast to an indulgent tween spa party. Every page is loaded with playful ideas that will get you thinking outside the party-planning box:
- The Bar Exam: How much food and drink to have on hand for parties of 10, 20 or 30 people
- Takeout's In: 10 no-fail crowd-pleasing dishes you can order in (and spruce up)
- Blue-Sky Thinking: 5 foolproof tips for outdoor entertaining
- Decorating the Set: 15 ideas to take your table settings from fancy to unforgettable
- Turning Bites Into Delights: 20 quick-and-easy. no-cook appetizers
- How-to Go-to's: Fun how-to projects like how to dress up a present, build a bountiful cornucopia, host your own Scotch tasting, and much more!