Trust The Ultimate Guide to Butchering, Smoking, Curing, Sausage, and Jerky Making to ensure you get the most out of your beef, pork, venison, lamb, poultry, and goat.
Absolutely everything you need to know about how to dress and preserve meat is right here. From slaughtering, to processing, to preserving in ways like smoking, salting, and making jerky, author Philip Hasheider teaches it all in step-by-step instructions and illustrations. Learn how to properly secure the animal and safely and humanely transform the meat into future meals for your family. Along the way, you’ll become an expert on different cuts of meat and all the right ways to process them into different products, like sausages and jerky.
With The Ultimate Guide to Butchering, Smoking, Curing, Sausage, and Jerky Making, you will quickly learn:
• How to make the best primal and retail cuts from an animal
• How to field dress the most popular wild game
• Why cleanliness and sanitation are of prime importance for home processing
• What tools, equipment, and supplies are needed for home butchering
• How to safely handle live animals before slaughter
• Important safety practices to avoid injuries
• About the changes meat goes through during processing
• Why temperature and time are important factors in meat processing
• How to properly dispose of unwanted parts
• The details of animal anatomy
The best meals are the ones you make yourself, why not extend this sentiment all the way to the meat itself?
Item Number: 11217