THE MEDICINAL GARDENING HANDBOOK
Dig into the world of herbal medicine with this complete guide to cultivating and harvesting plants with healing properties. For thousands of years people have been utilizing herbs and cultivating weeds found to speed the healing of wounds, soothe skin irritations, calm uneasy stomachs, and ward off illnesses. Now you can plan and grow your own garden first aid kit.
In these pages, you'll learn the basics of gardening in your backyard (or on your windowsill or porch), including instructions for preparing soil, composting and weeding. You'll then find detailed descriptions of the 12 most common, easy-to-grow, most useful healing herbs, with instructions for growing, harvesting and utilizing them. These powerful plants include:
- Garlic, which boosts immunity, reduces blood pressure, and combats cancer
- Echinacea, which reduces inflammation, boosts immunity, and has antiviral properties
- Yarrow, which accelerates the healing of wounds, is an anti-inflammatory, and can relieve PMS symptoms
- Elderflower, which is an astringent and can relieve arthritis and soothe sore throats
- Mint, which soothes digestive problems, sweetens breath, and can reduce fevers
- Elecampane, a respiratory tonic with antibacterial and antifungal properties
- And more!
Author: D. Cummings, A. Holmes
Item Number: 7242