You work hard to make dinner-choosing the best food, mastering preparation techniques, and picking the perfect recipes. But what about the unsung staples, the ingredients and condiments that build and accompany your meal? Too often, the store-bought versions are loaded with extra salt, sugar, allergens and preservatives, and they end up bland and uninspiring. But you don't have to limit yourself to the same tastes and the same plastic bottles. With The Kitchen Pantry Cookbook you can create your own staples-fresh, delicious and just the way you like them. Chef Erin Coopey shows you more than 90 recipes and variations to personalize your pantry. You'll never go back to the bottles.
Stock your kitchen pantry with:
- Condiments: Everything you need-mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, ketchup, steak sauce, and more
- Nut butters and spreads: The classics and the creative-homemade peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut butter, vanilla chai pear butter, and more
- Salad dressings: All your favorites, from balsamic vinaigrette to honey mustard to sesame tahini
- Stocks: The basics to have on hand, including chicken stock, vegetable stock, and court bouillon
- Relishes and refrigerator pickles: Delicious and easy-bread and butter pickles, pickled peppers, sauerkraut, and more
- Chips, dips and dunks: Snacks that hit the spot, from homemade potato chips with French onion dip to tortilla chips with tomatillo salsa