THE JOY OF GLUTEN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE BAKING
The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking offers amazing, easy-to-make recipes that revolutionize baking for wheat-sensitive, diabetic and low-carb/low-sugar cooks.
After more than two decades of research into gluten-free baking, best-selling author and legendary bread-maker Peter Reinhart and his baking partner Denene Wallace deliver more than 80 world-class recipes for delicious breads, pastries, cookies, cakes and more in this delightful book.
Carefully crafted for anyone who is gluten-sensitive, diabetic or needs to reduce carbs to prevent illness or lose weight, these forgiving recipes taste just as good as the original wheat versions-and are easier to bake than traditional breads. By using readily available or home-ground nut and seed flours and alternative and natural sweeteners as the foundation for their groundbreaking style of baking, Reinhart and Wallace avoid the carb-heavy starch products commonly found in gluten-free baking. Additionally, each recipe can easily be made vegan by following the dairy and egg substitution guidelines.
Bakers of all skill levels will have no trouble creating incredibly flavorful baked goods, such as:
- Toasting Bread, Banana Bread, Nutty Zucchini Bread, and many styles of pizza and focaccia
- Cheddar Cheese and Pecan Crackers, Herb Crackers, Garlic Breadsticks, and pretzels
- Blueberry-Hazelnut Muffins, Lemon and Poppy Seed Scones, and pancakes and waffles
- Coconut-Pecan Cookies, Lemon Drop Cookies, Biscotti, and Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Brownies and Blondies, Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake, Pound Cake with Crumb Topping, and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Crumble Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Berry Pie, and Vanilla, Chocolate, or Banana Cream Pie
With Reinhart and Wallace's careful attention to ingredients and balancing of flavors, these delicious gluten-free baked goods with a glycemic load of nearly zero will satisfy anyone's craving for warm bread or decadent cake.
Author: P. Reinhart, D. Wallace
Item Number: 6896