The Backyard Beekeeper, now in its 4th edition, makes the time-honored and complex tradition of beekeeping an enjoyable and accessible backyard pastime that will appeal to urban and rural beekeepers of all skill levels.
More than a guide to beekeeping, this handbook features expert advice for:
- Setting up and caring for your own colonies
- The best location to place your new bee colonies for their safety and yours
- The most practical and nontoxic ways to care for your bees
- Swarm control
- Using top bar hives
- Harvesting the products of a beehive and collecting and using honey
- Bee problems and treatments
- Information for Urban Bees and Beekeepers
- Using Your Smoker the Right Way
- Better Pest Management
- Providing Consistent and Abundant Good Food
- Keeping Your Hives Healthy
Read Rachel Cunning's book review here.
With this complete resource and the expert advice of Bee Culture editor Kim Flottum, your bees will be healthy, happy, and more productive.
Item Number: 8640