Award-winning chef and Veganomicon co-author Terry Hope Romero knows her veggies. In Salad Samurai, she's back to teach you the way of the veggie warrior, rescuing salads from their bland, boring reputation and "side" status with more than 100 vibrant, filling entrees. This is your guide to real salad Bushido: a hearty base, a zesty dressing and loads of seriously tasty toppings. Based on whole food ingredients and seasonal produce, these versatile meatless, dairy-free dishes are organized by season for a full year of memorable meals (yes, salad can rock even the coldest days of winter). Dig in to:
- Spring Herb Salad with Maple Orange Tempeh
- Deviled Kale Caesar Salad
- Seared Garlic Chickpeas, Spinach, and Farro
- Seitan Steak Salad with Green Peppercorn Dressing
- Herbed Pea Ricotta, Tomatoes, and Basil
- Mushroom, Barley, and Brussels Harvest Bowl
- Tempeh Reubenesque Salad
- Pomegranate Quinoa Holiday Tabouli
- Seitan Bacon Wedge Salad
- and many more!
With designations for gluten-free and raw-ready options and recipes that are work-friendly, weeknight-ready, high-protein, and loaded with superfoods, Salad Samurai shows you the way of the salad: killer dishes that are satisfying, healthy and scrumptious.