Create your own self-reliant homestead with the help of the Spring 2016 Mother Earth News Premium: Modern Homesteading issue! There are more than 100 pages in this colorful guide filled with MOTHER EARTH NEWS homesteading articles that cover garden beds, livestock, easy recipes, DIY projects, and more.
Read the top ways to get rid of ticks from your yard, home, and body to help prevent Lyme and other diseases. Discover simple, safe, and effective remedies for soothing sunburns, blisters, bug bites, and other minor maladies. Learn how to make easy, no-knead bread and homemade butter. Explore ways to live off the land with these strategies for establishing self-sufficient food production, including advice on crop rotations and raising livestock.
More articles include:
- Floriani Red Flint: The Perfect Staple Crop for Every Homestead – Grow this productive heirloom grain corn for out-of-this-world flavor and exceptional nutrition.
- Easy One-Pot Meals – Want to serve up convenient, well-balanced dishes without making a mess of your kitchen? Now you’re cookin’!
- Best Tools for Big Gardens – Learn the pros and cons of the implements you need to successfully – and affordably – manage a large-scale food garden.
- Build This Cozy Cabin – Anyone with basic carpentry skills can construct this classic one-room cabin for just about $6,000.
- Fearless Food Preservation: Pressure Canning Basics – Learn how to use a pressure canner to safely preserve food, and you’ll save money on groceries all year long.