Mother Earth News is pleased to bring you 100 pages of expert advice for self-sufficient living in the new Premium Issue: Modern Homesteading. More than 25 articles cover off-grid living, easy food gardens, solar heating plans, preserving food, and much more.
Read how to start a quick and easy food garden with a no-dig, easy-care bag garden that features 25 favorite crops. Discover how to make a food self-sufficiency plan by estimating how much to grow or buy, and learn how to achieve food security with these handy charts and guidelines. Learn how to keep bees and produce fresh, delicious honey in your own backyard. Make your own herbal medicine by finding ingredients for many basic herbal remedies.
Other articles include:
- Easy, No-Knead Crusty Bread: Bake crispy, gorgeous loaves from scratch using this simple technique. All you need are a few ingredients and a blazing-hot Dutch oven for miraculous results.
- Five DIY, Low-Cost and Multipurpose Greenhouses: Use recycled materials to create an affordable garden greenhouse so you can enjoy fresh food all year long!
- Emergency Power Options: With the right generator, you’ll be prepared when storms or blackouts leave you without electricity.
- Backyard Chicken Basics: They’re less work than house pets and more fun than a tire swing. Plus, they provide delicious, nutritious eggs.
- How to Make Yogurt, Kefir and Cheese: Tap the health benefits of rich, tangy fermented milk products.