Turn your dreams of country living into a reality! The Mother Earth News Guide to Self-Reliance and Country Skills, 4th Edition is 100 pages of beneficial articles that will assist anyone wanting to live a more self-sufficient life. Nothing compares to the feeling of enjoying a meal that was raised and grown on your own land … no matter if it’s just the delicious preserves from your garden or the entire feast. There are also great articles on solar heating and other energy savings tips that will save you hundreds on your energy bills.
Several articles in this special issue provide useful and helpful tips on how to plan and maintain a successful self-sufficient homestead, from picking the perfect property to caring for the garden and livestock.
More articles included:
- Homesteading Lessons Learned: From planning your home to laying out garden beds, a longtime homesteading expert shares his advice 20 years in the making.
- Start a Self-Sufficient, 1-Acre Homestead: Live off the land with these strategies for establishing self-sufficient food production, including advice on crop rotations and raising livestock.
- Cut Your Food Bills in Half: You can enjoy better and healthier food while spending much less to feed your family.
- How to Make Cheap Garden Beds: Here’s how (and why) to create permanent garden beds and paths, and why framed or raised beds may be optional.
- Want Milk? Get Goats: Dairy goats can supply your family with milk inexpensively.
- Make Your Own Herbal Medicine: To find ingredients for many basic herbal remedies, you often need to look no further than your own backyard.