It’s never too early to start planning this year’s garden. Where to plant your herbs? Where should your row of cabbage grow? How many tomato plants should you have? The sixth edition of the Guide to Organic Gardening from Mother Earth News is a great reference to help you plan your bountiful garden this year. Starting with soil, fertilizer, seed starting, what plants you should grow and so much more, this guide is 100 pages of helpful articles to help you grow your best garden yet!
Read how to build better soil with free organic fertilizer. Learn how beneficial chickens in the garden can be! Discover the best summer cover crops to help suppress those pesky weeds. Follow instructions on how to grow great lettuce, strawberries, potatoes, carrots, beans, peas and more!
More articles include:
- Grow More Food in a Movable Greenhouse: Boost productivity in spring, summer, fall and winter with a do-it-yourself greenhouse you can transport around your plot.
- Plant Pollination Primer: Learn the facts on how insects and wind pollinate your crops so you can plant smarter and haul in heftier harvests.
- How to Make Compost: Choose from many easy ways to make compost for increased garden productivity – low-cost homemade bins, piles sans bins, chicken power, pest-proof tumblers … even indoor worm bins!
- 4 Garden Plans for Kitchen Herbs: Supplement your food garden with a patch of delightful herbs.
- Expert Tips for Growing Early Tomatoes: Add a whole month to your fresh-tomato season with these proven techniques.